While iOS 16 and macOS 13 were the stars of WWDC 2022, that doesn’t mean there wasn’t anything else exciting that happened during the event.
The tvOS 16.5 was also released along with Apple’s latest version of operating systems and comes with features such as compatibility with Nintendo Switch controllers, HDR 10+ support, video previews, and support for Apple Fitness+.
Devices that support tvOS 16.5 public beta 2
- Apple TV HD
- Apple TV fourth-gen
- Apple TV 4K first-gen
- Apple TV 4k second-gen
How to get tvOS 16.5 public beta 2 on all Apple TV models
While beta software allows you to explore the upcoming features, there’s also a chance of meeting many bugs. And if you are planning to install tvOS 16.5 public beta 2 on your primary Apple TV box, I won’t personally suggest it.
Although if you love experimenting with new features before your peers and won’t mind some bugs, welcome aboard. You’ll first need to enroll yourself in the Beta Software Program by Apple. Let’s learn how to do it.
Register for Apple’s Beta Software Program
Note: If you are already enrolled for beta software testing, skip this step.
- Open Safari on your Mac, iPhone, or iPad and go to beta.apple.com.
- Then, click Sign Up to register.
- Enter your Apple ID and password.
- Now, Sign in and Accept the terms and conditions.
How to enroll for the tvOS 16.5 public beta 2
- Launch Settings on your Apple TV and click Accounts.
- Select iCloud, iTunes, App Store, or Game Center.
- Sign in with your Apple ID used for the Public Beta program.
- Next, click Menu from your Siri Remote, and click Menu again.
- Select Systems and click Software Updates.
- Turn on Get Public Beta Updates.
- Click Get Public Beta Updates and Agree to the terms and conditions.
How to install the tvOS 16.5 public beta 2
- Open your Apple TV Settings.
- Click System → Software Updates.
- Here, select Update Software.
- Finally, click Download and Install.
If you have come all the way here, then it means you have gone through our guide and even may have installed tvOS 16.5 public beta 2. So how’s the new tvOS version? Let me know in the comments.
Here are some more reads for you: